Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Been Another Long Day

Yesterday was a long day. Except for a couple of stops to pick up people or items... or to change clothes, I didn't really get home until about 9:00, and even that stop was fleeting.

And then I was up until 1:30, which is this other story that I'm not going to get into here, but suffice it to say I need to get to bed much earlier than I have been.

And then tonight...

Conferences had me at school until 8:00. I had to run to the store, so there was another thirty minutes or so. Really, I got home about the same time I got home last night. It's just tonight I didn't have call to go out again, and then stay up much later than I should.

However, I'm up much later than I should.

So it's another long day. I'm having all kinds of ridiculous thoughts go through my head. I need to return Adam's call, but I don't know if it's too late to do that now or not.

I am wondering what happened to the guy I thought I was going to be, and I wonder if he's staying up too late in his version of reality. Probably not. He's got his act together.

I'm also thinking about everything I need to do tomorrow for my part of the in-service. Mostly I wondering what my part is supposed to be, even though I'm sure someone has told me, and told me repeatedly.

I'm also trying to figure out my plans for the weekend.

And, of course, I'm thinking about how much I like not having plans for the weekend, so I can just do nothing... which leads to my wasting a weekend and finding myself wishing I'd made plans.

You can please some of the people some of the time or whatever, but don't plan on getting on my good side. There's no pleasing me, apparently.

Anyway, a bunch of random ridiculous thoughts. I'm also wondering what it will be like to fly in a plane for the first time in over a decade--heck, for the first time in almost eighteen years, I guess. Maybe just seventeen. Heck, I wonder if I'm on that there no-fly list thing. That would suck. I ain't tryin' to walk to Arizona!

I wish I could lay my inability to sleep on the thoughts running around in my head, but I don't know these can actually be called thoughts!

Well, that's that. May your lies be halfway around the world before your truths get their shoes on.

No comments: