Saturday, November 17, 2007

About That Facial Hair

We're doing a fundraiser at school. Many of the male staff members have not shaved for a few weeks (well, a little "shaping" is allowed). We're about to give the kids a chance to vote with donations to our Christmas fund (where we pick some families with a need and we provide them with stuff for Christmas) whether we get to shave on the morning of the last Monday before Winter Break, or on the morning of Valentines Day.

So, that's why I'm going around with what looks like an attempt at a beard.

Facial hair doesn't work on me. And I don't mean it doesn't work, as in "is not a good look for", but as in "my car doesn't work... I can't even get the engine to turn over".

Anyway, I just wanted to explain, in case you see me (or worse yet, a picture of me), and wonder if I'm aware my facial hair doesn't know how to grow right.

Also, speaking of pictures of me, apparently I have problems with tone in my writing. I'm aware of this. That post with the picture of me holding a sleeping Binx was suppose to have a tone of "I'm joking--since when do I actually care what my hair looks like?" when I was talking about my hair. Apparently I failed.

So it goes.

No comments: