Sunday, February 13, 2011

16 More Things to Hate About Me

I kid. I was pondering upon what to write (maybe I could write about why I feel pressure to write daily... hmmm...) tonight, and the topic I almost went with is a little morbid and I can see how I might come off as creepy in it (or more creepy than usual, anyway), so we'll hold off on that one for a few days more... or for all eternity.

Anyway, in the tradition of using this space for those annoying e-mail questionnaires and other "do this and forward it" e-mail things, I thought I'd do the "Sixteen things about me" one. Jimmy just posted his on his blog, and I figure why not steal the idea, since the 16 things aren't likely to match, anyway.

Write 16 random things about yourself that people probably don't know.

(Side note: this is a tough task, as I'm always sharing stuff people don't want to know about me with anyone who will listen. But I'll try to go with things that most people probably don't know.)

1. My sister suggested I be named Aaron Travis Riggs. Mom didn't like the name Aaron, however.

2. I flipped my car less than a month after I got my driver's license. I'm still missing several minutes of time where I climbed out of the wreckage, stood at the side of the road until I was found by a couple of guys driving along that particular blacktop, was taken to a nearby home and cleaned myself up some. I "came to" while talking to the people in their kitchen. Tell me that's not freaky. You're talking to someone, and in mid-conversation they "wake up" and say, "Where am I? How did I get here?"

3. When in a show, I can memorize lines very quickly, but I tend to put it off as long as possible.

4. I broke my leg roller-skating in the 7th grade, and my left leg is shorter than my right because of it.

5. I got an F in Chapel Choir at Jewell because Dr. Brown refused to sign my drop slip.

6. One of my favorite teachers in high school was a social studies teacher, but social studies was my least favorite subject.

7. I have never seen the movie Animal House.

8. I have an uncontrollable fear of large dogs with deep-sounding barks.

9. I hit a small pole with the car I flipped (mentioned earlier) about two weeks before I flipped the car, and managed to hide the dent from Mom and Dad until I could figure out how to tell them about it. Luckily the whole "flip the car" idea came to me...

10. When I was in junior high, I wanted to be a Muppeteer.

11. I sang a four-word solo at the Christmas Concert my senior year in high school.

12. Freshman year of high school, Lori Barney said to me, "With a face like that, you could never be serious." I took it to heart.

13. I have no feeling on the end of my tongue.

14. My first three years of college, I was a triple-major.

15. I would like to live abroad for at least a year, but probably won't get around to it.

16. At a basketball game in Monroe City (I think it was Monroe City, anyway), Karen Hawkinson gave me a Hardee's lid and told me I had to keep it as souvenir. I kept it for about twenty years before it finally got thrown away. Don't tell Karen I don't have it any more, please.

No comments: