Sunday, January 09, 2011

Another Laugh Riot

I have not felt like I'm living the wrong life for a while now, but boy howdy it's all coming back to me.

But this post isn't about that. That was just the overwhelming thought that just came to me as I began to write this.

I like a good laugh. I'll admit it. I'll also admit that I make myself laugh. Yes, faux pas, laughing at your own joke.

Whatever, I don't care. I often surprise myself and it makes me laugh.

More often, I often do crazy-stupid things without realizing it until about a second after I could have stopped myself... and that makes me laugh.

My family makes me laugh... Being around family can make my sides hurt.

My friends often make me laugh. I could go into great detail about each one of them and how they make my heart happy and keep me laughing, but some of it would be so... location-joke-y.

I wanted to share a funny story here. I feel I have been very unfunny lately, thus earning my nickname (Unfunny Mark... it's a long story, really... which means I'll probably share it here sometime, just to take up more space on the interwebness).

Anyway, I wanted to share a funny story. However, as often happens when you want to share a funny story, they all escape you. Actually, some come to mind, but I think, "Surely I told that one before."

I did just tell one today or yesterday that someone had never heard before. I thought the whole world knew it, too.

I wish I could remember it.

So you know what I don't like? Not being able to remember a funny story when I need one.

But back to laughter... I know some people find there to be times where laughter is inappropriate, and I guess I do, too. But those moments for me are much more seldom than they are for others, I think. I want to laugh at a funeral--not because it's awkward, but because life is funny.

Well, life is really awful, actually. But it's also really funny. It's a laugh riot, really. Because in the end, how much of it really matters? It matters a lot, it doesn't matter at all, and it's funny, and it's awful.

So if it's both funny and awful, why not enjoy the funny to help yourself cope with the awful?

Yes, I'm probably wrong-headed.

But I'm laughing about it.

No comments: