Monday, January 03, 2011

The Twelve Traditions of My Christmases, Day 10

I almost posted this one the other night, but went with something else instead. I'd have to go back and see what... but here's another Christmas tradition: New Year's Eve movie.

I don't know if the first time I took in a movie on New Year's Eve was my senior year in high school or not, but I'm pretty sure I went to see Dune that night with some friends. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that was just really late at night one summer.

But I know for sure I went to see Clue (version C, I think) on New Year's Eve, 1985. So maybe that was the first one.

I have since seen several movies on New Year's Eve (at the theatre, I mean). I can't recall any particular ones, but it's something I usually think about doing. There have been years where I've been invited to parties and whatnot, but--as you can read some many posts back--the bit at midnight where everyone gets all kissy-on-my-sweetie-y, that's like... blah.

This year I almost went to a movie, but decided not to at the last minute. Maybe that should be my official New Year's Eve thing. I'm not sure what it would take to make it official. What sort of documentation would I need for that?

Anyway, it may seem lame and anti-social for a tradition, but it's mine!

No comments: