Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Time for One of These Again...

Before I start anything else, let me just say the lesson today wasn't a total bomb or anything, but it didn't go as well as the one the day before. Better than expected, though, and I can live with that!

Now, here are my responses to one of those "Tell Me the Answers to These Random Questions So We Can Bond" things that go around and around the interwebs...

1. Were you named after anyone?


Yes, I was named after a lot of people. There were a lot of people born before I was, and I was named after them. There have been a lot of people named since I was named, too. So a lot of people have been named after me.

Also, the story of my name (as I recall it) is that Say suggested "Aaron Travis", but Mom didn't like "Aaron", but kept the "Travis". I have no idea where the "Mark" came from. Maybe it was the first one-syllable name that popped in her head.

2. When was the last time you cried?

Actual tears, or pretend ones so I could pass for human?

Actually, I don't remember. I mean, I'm sure it's been within the last... you know... while or so. Are we talking actual cry, with noise and ugly face? Do just tears count as crying? Horrible to admit, but it might have been that Stargate Universe episode a while back. Seriously, way too emotional for me.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
I don't even acknowledge that it exists. It's dead to me.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
No, really, that's the actual question. I am not making that up. I love doing these, just because it makes me wonder about the mind of the person who wrote it. One day I'll start one of these, and see if it comes back to me with all my crazy questions intact. One day. I swear it.

Also: turkey.

5. Do you have kids?


I'm not sure why any teacher does, really. That's a "no" from me, thank you. I prefer to experience parenthood vicariously through friends.

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

I'm not drunk enough for this question to make sense. (I'm not drunk at all, actually, but I mean to imply I think you'd have to be drunk for this question to make sense.

I mean, if I were another person, would I be friends with myself--that is to say, "the other person I've become"? What? I mean, if I were someone else, I'd be... someone else. I have no idea what sort of person that person would like.

So the answer is "probably not, because I'd be so confused."

7. Do you use sarcasm?

No. Never. (Rolls eyes.)

8. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yes, on a chain around my neck.

No. I remember being in the hospital to get them out. I remember three things from that visit, actually. There's the storm memory, the cup-o-soup memory, and the inflated rubber glove chicken memory.

9. Would you bungee jump?

Maybe when I'm closer to my goal weight. Maybe.

10. What is your favorite cereal?

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. This answer will never change, no matter how often you ask it.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

On the rare occasion I wear shoes with laces, I do not.

12. Why was there no question #12 on this survey when you got it?

I don't know, but there wasn't. Shush up about it, and maybe nobody will notice.

13. What is your favorite ice cream?

Mint chocolate chip. This will also never change.

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?

The first thing I notice is whether or not they seem to be interested in talking to me... although I tend to avoid it at all costs, either way.

15. Red or pink?

That's sort of surreal. Um... if those are the choices, and we're not talking about anything in particular (like room color, threat level, and so on), I guess red.

16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?


This blog ain't long enough for me to answer that question, really. But I'll try:

I'd say my least favorite thing is how much I let fear run my life and make my decisions.

But I'd be wrong, because my least favorite thing is really that I continue to do so even though I've long ago realized it.

17. Who do you miss the most?

Mom. It still hurts something awful to wake up from a dream where I'm talking to her.

18. Do you want everyone to complete this list?

Not if they're going to expect me to read it. I mean "everyone" is a lot of people. It's a big planet!

19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?

That really assumes a lot. It just so happens, I enjoy sitting at my computer without any shoes, and without any pants. In fact, I have nothing on below the waste.

Go ahead, judge me. I don't care. You can judge me, your friends can judge me, the other customers here in this Internet Cafe can judge me! I don't care.

I'm kidding. Black, white, and grey pajama pants, and brown slippers.

20. Do you think anyone will notice there isn't a question number 20, either?

They will if you don't shut up about it.

21. What are you listening to right now?

I can hear the clock in the bathroom ticking. I can hear me typing. I can hear something on the desk rattling as I type. Occasionally I hear noises from outside.

22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Whatever color I was, I'd judge other crayons by the content of  their character, not the color listed on the paper wrapped around them!

Also: cornflower.

23. Favorite smells?

Cinnamon rolls baking. Snow. Lots of things Tricia cooks.

24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?

Bowman called me after school to find out where I kept extra copies of this week's homework in my room. I was really hoping it was going to be the prank call I made to Sheri this afternoon, though.

25. Do you like the person who sent this to you?

Stupidest question ever. Like I'd answer it honestly if I didn't, right?

Also, it wasn't sent to me. I took it from Bryan's wall on Facebook. I do like Bryan, though. He's funny and has a great accent. Also, he likes grits.

26. Favorite sports to watch?

Baseball. Live only.

27. Hair color?

Brown, with more and more grey every day.

28. Eye color?

Hazel. The kind of hazel that really brings out the bloodshot.

29. Do you wear contacts?

I don't even wear the glasses I'm supposed to wear... so: NO.

30. Favorite food?

I'd have to say it's Tricia's goulash. Hands-down. This answer hasn't changed the last several times I've done one of these.

31. What do you think question number 31 was before it got deleted?

"What is your favorite color of armpit hair?"

32. Last movie you watched?

Start-to-finish? Probably Season of the Witch. At all? I'd have to go see what movie channel I just stopped on. I watched a bit of Superman IV... and some other ones. I have no idea.

33. What color shirt are you wearing?

A blue long-sleeved shirt. If you've seen me in winter months, you know the kind i mean.

34. Summer or winter?

Well, when I had my colors done, they said I was an autumn.

Actually, I don't know what this question means. Which do I prefer? Well, when it's winter, I try my best to enjoy what's great about winter. And when it's summer, I try my best to enjoy what's great about summer. So this means during the winter I enjoy summer, and during the summer I enjoy winter.

Don't make me choose between the two. I'll lose it.

35. Hugs or kisses?

Who is giving them out? I'm okay with both, usually.

36. Do you think it's possible these didn't actually get deleted, but the person who created the original e-mail just couldn't count?

Very.

37. Most likely to respond?

While living and awake, I suppose.

Oh, nobody. I'm not sending this as an e-mail. But if someone goes to the trouble of answering all of these in a comment on here, odds are it will be someone I've never met.

38. Least likely to respond?

While dead or asleep, of course!

I kid. But the question doesn't apply here. Moving on...

39. What book are you reading now?

I'm not reading now. I'm on the computer. Duh.

I just finished the latest Sara Paretsky novel. I'm between books. I've been reading Games Magazine. I have some comics on loan, and eventually I'll go through them.

40. What is on your mouse pad?

Is that a euphemism? If so, what for?

Also: I don't have one.

41. What did you watch on t.v. last night?

I don't know that I watched t.v. last night. I'm pretty sure I didn't, actually.

42. Favorite sound(s)?

Binxy's laugh. The laughter of kids in general, especially ones I know and love.

43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?

If those are the only choices, either one will do just as well.

44. What is the farthest you have been from home?

I'm going to guess Sydney, Australia. But it's possible other places were more distant.

45. Do you have a special talent?

I know way too much about stuff nobody cares about.

46 Where were you born?

Levering Hospital in Hannibal, Missouri.
47. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back?

We've covered this already. I don't expect to be getting any back, so the question does not apply.

Okay, the melatonin has kicked in. Good night!

No comments: