Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Know You've Heard Too Much About The Quadratic Formula Lately, But...

Okay, people, you have ONE more day to pick the right choice for what to call my rooms. What I WANT to win currently needs two votes to win. That'd be cheating, except you don't know how many votes there were as I typed this... so it could be ANY of them...

I don't have a lot to say tonight, which is different from every other night in no way at all, except I'm openly admitting it. I should try to be more interesting, so more people would read what I have to say, except I seldom have anything very interesting to say--at least not when I think what I have to say is interesting. Sometimes I say things I think are not interesting at all, and people treat me like I'm some kind of... font of interestingnessosity or something.

So instead I'll share my contribution to that gazillion Quadratic Formula songs that are out there, sung to the chorus (maybe I'll write a verse or two later) of Alanis Morissette's "Ironic":

x is the opposite...
of the value b
plus or minus
the square root of b
squared minus
4ac
and all of it is over 2a...

May it help you all in your quest to solve quadratic equations. Use it in good math health.

No comments: