Thursday, January 14, 2010

Name-Calling

I'm back to that apparently-not-as-controversial-as-I-thought issue of what to call the rooms in my house. Poll to the right.

I managed to make it through the day without blaming any bad things that happened to anyone on some pact they made with the devil, so that gives me a leg-up on some people...

If you haven't received your invitation (electronically, people... the days of me sending out actual paper/card-stock invitations are long gone) for my surprise birthday party yet, it's because I haven't gotten around to sending them out.

Yesterday morning (or maybe during the day Tuesday), I got an e-mail from someone over at Central Office saying I should have received an e-mail about the staff development this upcoming Friday. The e-mail explained it would have come from the site we use for signing up for these things, but I would already be signed up, as I'm one of the people running it.

I had never received this e-mail, but didn't think much of it.

Today, I got an e-mail from the principal letting me know he'd received notice I was one of the people who have yet to signed up. I went ahead and signed up, but then e-mailed the author of the first e-mail to say, "I didn't receive an e-mail from the site, so I don't know if I'm listed as one of the people running the show or not."

Because, you see, if I'm to print out attendance sheets from the site or otherwise note attendance on the site, I need to be able to log in as one of the instructors.

Maybe I worded it poorly (I looked later, but couldn't see what I said wrong), but I got the snarkiest e-mail back, pointing out in no uncertain terms this woman had sent me three e-mails about this, and bluh bluh bluh snarky bluh...

I opted to log off and head on home. Where's my cookie?

I'd love to get all irritated about it, but I've mis-read e-mails before and sent replies that I'm ashamed about immediately, and mortified about once I realize it was all a misunderstanding on my part.

But seriously, I was very clear I was talking about not having received the automated e-mail from the system.

Whatever. I copied the woman who handles the communications with the system, and she's fixed it. It's all good.

But now I have to be a teacher leader tomorrow. ::sigh:: I miss the days where I could show up and complain about how I hate these presentations.

No comments: